The material provided on this website is offered as general and helpful information to people with DLD, their family and friends, health professionals and educators. It is not intended to replace clinical advice or to provide comprehensive information or strategies to deal with all situations that could arise during supporting a person with DLD.
Information, resources and training provided by The DLD Project is supported by a body of evidence that shows its efficacy in many different cultures and situations. Various factors may affect whether information, resources and training developed and/or distributed by The DLD Project is effective with a particular person with DLD, including the person with DLD’s age, and developmental level, the person with DLD’s setting/environment, and the family member/health professional/educators skill and persistence in applying learnings from our information, resources and training.
People with DLD who exhibit signs of dangerous behaviour, to either themselves or others, should be referred to a qualified professional. Families with a loved one with DLD currently under the supervision of a professional are encouraged to discuss their participation in The DLD Project information, resources and training with that professional.
2. COURSE ENROLMENT AGREEMENT
By accepting these terms the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the course enrolment form.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- If the participant is under 18, the parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fees.
- The approximate duration of the Course is stated on the course page in the course FAQs.
3. COURSE ENROLMENT
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added at the time of enrolment;
- Course fees are non-transferable to another person.
4. WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
- Workshop registration is complete when the participant has received email confirmation of their registration in the workshop and all registration fees are paid in full;
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to a workshop registration retrospectively and must be added at the time of registration;
- Workshop registration fees are non-transferable to another person except in exceptional circumstances.
5. CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
- Conference registration is complete when the participant has received email confirmation of their registration in the workshop and all registration fees are paid in full;
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to a conference registration retrospectively and must be added at the time of registration;
- Conference registration fees are non-transferable to another person except in exceptional circumstances
6. MATERIALS & ACCESS
- Our information, resources and training materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated, and are available for viewing online and in some cases for download;
- The content of our materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of The DLD Project. You may not reproduce any part of the information, resources and training materials without the prior written consent of The DLD Project;
- Materials and content are subject to change;
- Our information, resources and training materials are provided online via our Learning Management System (LMS) 24/7 or via alternative means. The eLearning site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance;
- If for any reason The DLD Project is no longer able to provide its services you will be provided with a minimum one months’ notice.
7. WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
The DLD Project complies with Australian Consumer Law in regard to refunds. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the information, resource or training that you chose to purchase. However, if you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from accessing our information, resources or training, please contact us to discuss your needs. Where evidence can be successfully provided to support your circumstances, purchases may be refunded or partially refunded as per the following:
Online courses and downloads
- A full refund is permitted if the purchase is cancelled prior to access to resources being provided.
- A full refund is permitted if the purchaser believes the material provided does not meet their expectations and they are willing to provide constructive feedback to assist in the improvement of the material.
Workshops and conferences
- A 100% refund is permitted if the purchase is cancelled within 30 days of the workshop/conference commencement date.
- A 50% refund is permitted if the purchase is cancelled within 14 days of the workshop/conference commencement date.
- No refund will be provided after 14 days of the workshop/conference commencement date.
This decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with The DLD Project Management Team and shall be assessed on a case by case situation.
8. CREDIT VOUCHER/COUPON CODE POLICY
All credit vouchers/discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Not valid with any other offer/gift voucher/coupon code;
- The coupon code must be entered at the time of purchase; discount cannot be applied at a later date.
- Coupon code can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
9. CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information. We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
10. THE DLD PROJECT CODE OF PRACTICE
The DLD Project has responsibilities to you as a valued member of our community. This includes providing you with high quality, evidence based information, resources and training to assist you in empowering people with DLD. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
The DLD Project agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice for all purchases;
- Provide login details to access our information, resources and training once payment has been made (unless the information, resource or training is one of our free materials);
- Provide support via email throughout your involvement with The DLD Project;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of online courses, workshops, and conferences (if applicable).
- Respond to your enquiries within a week of receiving it. If this is due to an urgent matter, such as refunding a purchase for a workshop or conference registration, we will be take into consideration the date of when you lodged your refund request when calculating any refund.
11. THE DLD PROJECT COMMUNITY MEMBER OBLIGATIONS
- Members of The DLD Project Community are required to note:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities without prior written consent from The DLD Project.
2. You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
3. In your interaction with our administrative team (including, but not limited to emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a member of The DLD Project Community, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff.
4. The DLD Project reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.
11. ACCEPTABLE USE
Except where stated, the information on this website is subject to copyright. Additionally, copyright in the graphics, design and format of The DLD Project information, resources and training materials sits with The DLD Project and other third parties, and may not be reproduced or distributed without express permission.
Information on this website must not be used in a commercial context unless written permission has been given by The DLD Project. Where any material from this website is used in any context, it must be sourced to the website of The DLD Project and state the date of publication.