The material provided on this website is offered as general and helpful information to people with DLD, their family and friends, health professionals and educators. It is not intended to replace clinical advice or to provide comprehensive information or strategies to deal with all situations that could arise during supporting a person with DLD.
Information, resources and training provided by The DLD Project is supported by a body of evidence that shows its efficacy in many different cultures and situations. Various factors may affect whether information, resources and training developed and/or distributed by The DLD Project is effective with a particular person with DLD, including the person with DLD’s age, areas of need, the person with DLD’s setting/environment, and the family member/health professional/educators skill and persistence in applying learnings from our information, resources and training.
People with DLD should be referred to a qualified professional for individualised support. The information, resources and training provided by The DLD Project do not replace high quality support from a qualified professional. Families with a loved one with DLD currently under the supervision of a qualified professional are encouraged to discuss their use of The DLD Project information, resources and training with that professional.
- This disclaimer shall govern your use of our website.
- By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full; accordingly, if you disagree with this disclaimer or any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
2. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
- Copyright (c) 2020 The DLD Project
- Subject to the express provisions of this disclaimer:
- We own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
3. LICENCE TO USE WEBSITE
- You may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages and resources from our website for caching in a web browser; and
- print pages from our website, subject to the other provisions of this disclaimer.
- You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
4. ACCEPTABLE USE
Except where stated, the information on this website is subject to copyright. Additionally, copyright in the graphics, design and format of The DLD Project information, resources and training materials sits with The DLD Project and other third parties and may not be reproduced or distributed without express permission.
Information on this website must not be used in a commercial context unless written permission has been given by The DLD Project. Where any material from this website is used in any context, it must be sourced to the website of The DLD Project and state the date of publication.
- You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities without prior written consent from The DLD Project.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
5. LIMITED WARRANTIES
- We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website; or
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
- The DLD Project strives to maintain the currency and accuracy of the content of this website, but currency cannot be guaranteed as there may be delays, errors or omissions. We may also change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website.
- We are not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website and we do not endorse the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other websites.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 7.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, our website and the use of our website.
6. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 7 and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
- are subject to Section 7.1; and
- govern all liabilities arising under this disclaimer or relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer.
- To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or this disclaimer (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- We may revise this disclaimer from time to time.
- The revised disclaimer shall apply to the use of our website from the time of publication of the revised disclaimer on the website.
- If a provision of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of this disclaimer would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
9. LAW & JURISDICTION
- This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law.
- Any disputes relating to this disclaimer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
10. OUR DETAILS
- This website is owned and operated by The DLD Project.
- We are registered in Australia under our Australian business number 34741033101, and our registered office is located in Brisbane.
- You can contact us:
- using our website contact form; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website
To get in touch with The DLD Project team email firstname.lastname@example.org